We have looked together at the call of God on our lives to lead and how to define leadership. Now we can begin to think about leadership as a growth process, understanding where we are so that we can allow God to continue to shape us into the person and leader He wants us to be.
There is an incredible story of a young Pakistani girl who is also on this journey. Malala Yousafzai, the advocate for education and peace, won the Nobel Peace Prize last month, nearly two years after being shot, a target of the Pakistani Taliban. Malala was jointly awarded the prize with Indian activist Kailash Satyarthi “for their struggle against suppression of children and young people and for the right of all children to education.” - See more at: http://growingleaders.com/blog/
It's time to reflect on who God has made me; these are the areas I have had little or no control over (we can call this stage "Providential Beginnings")...
- How is God’s providence evident in my personal history?
- How has this made me different and special from those around me?
- What might this point to in regard to my potential and purpose?
- Where in my life have I focused on doing (serving/working) before being who God wants me to be?
- What negative patterns have resulted from that?
- How can I reverse those patterns and allow God to shape WHO I AM (my character)?
- What is God’s view of maturity? What character qualities are still immature in my life?
- Am I willing to go that far?
- Which of these stages am I in?
- What is hindering my growth right now?
- What do I have to do to get to the next step?

No comments:
Post a Comment